The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair is a one of a kind high chair that actually grows with the child, from early childhood until he or she is a full-grown adult.
Now, there is a Stokke Tripp Trapp Newborn Set, which will ensure that you can start using this ergonomic adjustable chair from day one of the child’s life.
The idea behind the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair and the newborn set is that the little one can be laid down or seated at the same level as the adults and older children in the home.
This helps increase the direct interaction between the family members.
It also ensures constant eye contact and allows for easy reach to the child even when you are eating, working, or doing something else.
We have tested the Newborn Set and have assessed the reviews and opinions of thousands of parents and experts to come up with this detailed Stokke Tripp Trapp Newborn Set review.
A complete review of the Tripp Trapp High Chair and the Newborn Set
This convenient and versatile set consists of the original Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair and a specially designed detachable Newborn Set.
This is an iconic, ergonomic high chair that was designed back in 1972 by Peter Opsvik and has won multiple design awards and gained huge popularity around the world ever since.
The adjustable Scandinavian chair is designed to provide comfort and to fit a child of all ages by raising it up to the height of the table or the other people. This helps improve the socializing and interaction among all family members and eliminates the practice of keeping the baby or young child lower down and away from the table and the rest of the family.
The simple and yet recognizable design of the chair will bring a Scandinavian style to your home. It is made of premium quality timber in accordance with all EU timber and forestry regulations.
It is stable and easy to adjust in height, so it can be used from early childhood up to a point when the child is an adult and weighs up to 242 lbs.
It is a unique high chair, which has the following key features:
- An adjustable-height making it usable from early childhood to adulthood
- Beautiful design made of sturdy and high-quality timber
- An adjustable footrest and backrest for ergonomics and stability
- It contains no BPAs, phthalates or toxic paints, or chemicals
- It comes in a variety of different color options and wood finishes
- The chair is easy to install and adjust
- There are removable straps for the 5-point harness system
- It is easy to keep clean and sanitary
- Converts from a baby chair for 6 months old infants into a high chair for toddlers and then into an adult chair
- The baby chair comes with a cushioned seat and tray
- No tools are required for adjusting the height
- It is sold with a 7-year warranty by Stokke
See also: Guide on Cleaning High Chair Straps
if you want to use this fantastic chair for your child since it is born, you can purchase the Stokke Tripp Trap Newborn Set.
The set includes the chair itself, with the seat and tray for babies, but also comes with a soft upholstered bassinet for a newborn or a baby who is up to 6 months old.
It is ergonomic, comfortable, and will cradle the baby while keeping it safe and near you at all times.
With this set, you can forget about having to go check the baby or bend down to reach it while working or using the table, desk, or other.
The key features of the Tripp Trap Newborn Set include:
- It is probably the only high chair for newborns
- It is designed to be safe and comfortable to use from day one until the baby is 20 lbs.
- The ergonomic chair will cradle the baby like a cozy and snuggly nest
- The upholstery is removable and can be machine washed
- The seat has an adjustable angle, so you can use it even when the baby can sit on its own
- The soft upholstery is made of organic cotton treated with easy to clean and water repellent PFC
- The chair and set are BPA-free and completely safe
- It attaches and detaches to and from the chair quickly and safely, and there is an indicator that will alert you when the bassinet is not correctly secured
- There is a 5-point safety harness and protective shoulder pads to keep the baby safe at all times
- It comes with a toy hanger
- It will fit any Stokke Trip Trap high chair which is made after May 2003
While the Tripp Trapp chair and the Tripp Trapp Newborn Set are on the expensive side, when compared to other high chairs and bassinets, this one is a chair that will literally grow with your baby and child until adulthood. In other words, it is a true long term investment.
The chair is beautiful, made of top quality materials, easy to adjust, safe and ergonomic, and will allow you to have close eye contact with your child at all times.
It is among the most popular baby and child high chairs globally and will serve you for life.
So, if you want to buy the best high chair and can afford the Stokke Tripp Trapp Newborn Set and High Chair – this is one to consider.
Have you used either Stokke chair for your baby?
Let us know what you think about it in the comments below!
- [Pacifiers Save Lives] 4 Best Pacifiers for Breastfed Babies - September 15, 2021
- The 5 Best Baby Floor Seats of 2021 [Review and Guide] - September 15, 2021
- [Review Guide] The 5 Best Baby Bouncers & Baby Swings of 2021 - September 15, 2021