Most preschool children are not fully potty trained so ‘accidents’ occur quite often. Therefore, it is very common for preschool or daycare teachers to ask parents to provide pull ups with velcro sides rather than those with rip-away connections.
This type of pull ups makes it easier for teachers to change the kids in daycare. With the velcro sides, the teacher can simply put back on a clean pull up without having to take off the kid’s pant plus the shoes and socks. Another advantage is that velcro sides can be readjusted and resealed so they assist in potty training.
But what are pull ups and how do they differ from diapers?
Difference between pull ups and diapers
What are pull ups?
Pull ups are diapers (for lack of a better word) that have an elastic band around the waist, unlike the normal diapers that have velcro sides. However, some pull ups that have both the elastic waistband and the have velcro sides, which we shall discuss in this article.
Some people also refer to pull ups as training pants because they come in handy during potty training. The elastic band makes it is easy for toddlers to get the pull ups on and off like normal pants; thereby, making it easy for them to use a potty.
Are pull ups as absorbent and diapers?
Pull ups tend to be more fitting and have less padding at the back while diapers have more padding at the back. Based on this, pull ups are said to be less absorbent than diapers since they are more prone to leaking.
However, some brands argue that there is no difference between the absorbency of pull ups and diapers. Both are made from the same absorbent material; hence, they have similar absorbing capability.
From my experience, my daughter used both pull ups and diapers and I did not find any significant difference between the absorbency of diapers and pull ups.
I believe you too have used both pull ups and diapers; what was your experience? Did the pull ups leak more than diapers or vice versa? Kindly let us know in the comments.
Huggies pull ups with velcro sides
- Huggies pull ups are widely available in stores and come in a range of sizes for both girls and boys
- They have an elastic waistband that comes in handy when children are learning how to use a potty. They can pull them on like normal pants or pull them down.
- The Velcro sides make it easy for both teachers and parents to perform a quick potty check and change diaper compared to the pull ups without the velcro sides.
- The sides can also be resealed or readjusted in case they are loose or too tight on the baby.
1. Pull Ups Cool & Learn potty training pants
- These pull ups give your child a cooling sensation even when wet. This makes the child feel some gentle wetness similar to that of real underwear. This drives him/her to use the potty.
- They come in different Disney graphics for girls and boys.
- For boys, there is added padded on the front to increase absorbency and allow all-round protection.
- The Velcro sides are easy to open for quick changes
- The sides are stretchy to enable smooth pulling on or off like a normal pant
2. Pull Ups Night Time potty training pants
- These pull ups are meant to ease potty training even at night.
- They have increased absorbency so as to prevent leaks when the toddler is sleeping
- The Velcro sides help in easy changes when it is necessary
- There is a unique pattern that fades away when the pull up is wet.
- They glow in the dark
- Come in different designs for girls and boys.
3. Pull Ups Learning Designs potty training pants
- These pull ups can be worn both in the daytime and at night time.
- Their absorbency is similar to that of diapers
- They are meant to teach toddlers the concept of pulling up and down like normal underwear.
- The Velcro sides can be fastened or readjusted to fit snugly
Huggies pull ups with Velcro sides are the most preferred pull ups by preschool teachers and parents with children in daycare. This is because they enable quick checks and ease changing compared to the usual pull ups. They also help to train children to use the potty and most children love them since they can pull them up and down with a lot of ease.