This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and choose to make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure page for more information.
Does your daycare, or pre-school teacher request that your child starts wearing pull up training pants? Don’t worry, these Pull-Ups may look more like underwear, but they are just as absorbent as regular diapers but can help make diaper removal, pulling the clean diaper up, and changing it much easier.
If your child is not yet potty-trained, then with these specially designed training pants, your child can become interested in potty training. Also, thanks to the easy pull on and off via the Velcro sides, the teacher can assist the child when using a potty and change it when an “accident” occurs, faster and easier.
Here is everything you need to know about the Huggies Pull-Ups with Velcro sides.
What is the difference between Pull-Ups and regular diapers?
As their name suggests, Pull-Ups are diapers that can be pulled up and pulled down without the need of unfastening straps and connections. They have an elastic band on the waist instead. The Pull-Ups made by Huggies also have Velcro sides, making them fast and easy to pull up and down and adjust.
The Pull-Ups are also commonly known as training pants because they can help the toddler become interested and motivated to use the potty. They can help the child learn how to start pulling up and down their own diapers by themselves. They can also make changing the diapers easier and quicker without needing to be undressed by pre-school or daycare teachers and teachine aides.
Also, Pull-Ups are made for older infants and resemble underwear more, so they tend to have less padding on the back as compared to regular baby diapers. This can make them more prone to leaks, according to some parents.
But the companies making the pull-ups all claim that their products have the same absorbency as regular diapers, as do many other parents who have used both interchangeably.
Finding the right type of pull-ups is essential if you want your child to be comfortable and prevent leaks and messes.
Several brands make pull-ups or training pants, the most common and popular one being Huggies.
Most parents choose the Huggies Pull-Ups due to a number of reasons and advantages, including:
- The Huggies Pull-Ups are widely available in most stores and online
- They come in different sizes, as well as in versions for boys and for girls
- Thanks to their elastic waistbands, the children can easily learn to pull them down and up by themselves when potty training
- They have easy-open sides for quick potty checks
- They are very easy to change by teachers and by parents
- They come in different potty training designs, including fading patterns, cool alert, and nighttime training
- All of them come with fun animated Disney characters to keep the kids interested in potty training
- The Velcro sides allow for easy adjustment for a comfortable and secure fit
- They come with different coloring mats, smart apps, and other entertaining gifts inside
Here is an overview of the different types of Huggies Pull-Ups with Velcro sides on the market
- They are available for girls and for boys with padding added to suit their bodies and functions
- The cause a delicate cooling feeling when wet to mimic real underwear and stimulate the child to use the potty
- The Pull-Ups come with different, fun-filled Disney cartoon characters printed on them to further interest the children to wear them and potty train
- They are suitable for day and night protection and potty training
- Thanks to the easy-open and close back Velcro sides, you or the teacher can change the diaper without taking the clothes and shoes off of the child
- They have elastic waistbands that are easy to pull on and off by you, the pre-school teacher, or by the child itself
- You can buy these Pull-Ups in different size options, suitable for 2T-3T, 3T-4T, and 4T-5T
- They are designed to mimic the feeling of regular underpants and thus prepare the child for the transition from diapers to underwear
- The Pull-Ups are offered in variants designed for boys and girls
- They have different Disney characters that will fade away when wet to help the child become interested in using the potty on time
- They are extra absorbent to keep the child dry while sleeping
- Thanks to the Velcro sides, you can perform a quick check or change the training pants quickly and hassle-free, even in the middle of the night
- The pull-up design and elastic waistband mimics underwear and allows the child to use a potty alone or makes the potty training easier for the parent or the daycare or pre-school teacher
- The fit can be adjusted via the Velcro sides to fit the child comfortably, and it can be refastened so the kid can continue wearing the pants if they are not wet or soiled
- They come in different sizes suitable for toddlers aged from 2 to 5
- They come in a variant for boys as well as for girls
- The pull up training pant are designed to have the cute Disney characters fade when they are wet, which can help the child stay interested in potty training
- They are available in sizes for toddlers of all ages
- They offer excellent absorbency
- The elastic waistband makes them easy to pull off and on even by the child itself
- The Velcro sides are convenient for performing quick checks and for quick changes without the need to take the clothes and shoes off
- They mimic grown-up underwear, which can help the child get used to the feeling
- They can be adjusted to fit snugly via the Velcro straps
- Suitable for all day or nighttime use
The Huggies Pull-Ups are designed to help teach and motivate toddlers to potty and to get used to wearing regular underwear rather than diapers.
They are still as absorbent and as comfortable as diapers, so you don’t have to worry about your child’s comfort, but they promote potty training and are much easier to check, change, take off, and on.
Plus, kids tend to love them! One step closer to being a big kid!
What pull-ups do you prefer for your little one?
Let us know in the comments below!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.