This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and choose to make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure page for more information.
For years, Comotomo baby bottles have been one of the bestselling baby products on the market. With a curved shape designed to imitate natural breastfeeding and support baby’s transition from breast to hand feeding (and back again), these clever bottles are an invaluable tool for nursing mothers. Unfortunately, not every bottle warmer on the shelves is compatible with this brand and its products.
So if you do use a Comotomo baby bottle, be sure to pair it with a suitable comotomo bottles warmer. Check the manufacturer’s instructions if you’re not sure. Putting a Comotomo bottle in the wrong type of bottle warmer could cause damage to one or both products and/or cause them to work less efficiently. For the best result, every time, make sure your baby’s feeding accessories fit together.
To help you find the best Comotomo bottle warmer on the market, we’ve tested eight fully compatible products. Keep reading for our thoughts on which Comotomo bottle warmers are truly worth your money.
A Quick Note On Warming Breast Milk and Formula
We’d just like to stress there’s no medical reason breast milk or formula has to be warmed before feeding. It’s a common misconception with many first-time parents believing there are dangers associated with giving a newborn cold milk.
Provided a baby’s milk has been stored, handled, and prepared safely, its temperature has no impact on its safety. It’s a matter of preference and, unsurprisingly, most babies find the sensation of overly cold milk unpleasant. It’s very different from the milk that’s straight from a mother’s breast and can be a little jarring.
It’s all about figuring out what works best for your child. Investing in a high-quality Comotomo bottle warmer is a good idea for sensitive babies who respond poorly to transitional feeding.
Comotomo’s innovative baby bottles mimic the shape of a mother’s breast to make hand-feeding a more comforting experience for the youngest babies. With the right bottle and a user-friendly bottle warmer, there’s no reason not to have a happy feed every time.
Some Tips for Finding the Right Comotomo-Compatible Warmer
- Write a list of three must-have features (a timer, food warmer, etc)
- Decide how much you’re willing to spend
- Check compatibility (Can this device be used with Comotomo baby bottles?)
- Consider portability (Will you need to travel with this device?)
- Choose between steam or convection warming (convection is safer)
- Pick a bottle warmer with a high temp setting (silicon takes longer to heat)
- Ask yourself, will this bottle warmer improve my baby’s feeding experiences?
See also: Best Mini Fridges for Breast Milk
8 Best Bottle Warmers That Fit Comotomo Bottles
Avent Express Bottle Warmer
- Works fast (can warm 50z in 3 mins)
- Can also be used to warm pureed food
- Defrost setting for frozen milk
- A mode to hold warmed milk at a constant temp
- No timer
- Can be tricky to see the water fill line
- No light to show when the bottle is ready
Kiinde Kozi Bottle Warmer
The Kiinde Kozi Bottle Warmer uses convective heating rather than steam which makes it one of the safest baby bottle warmers on our list.
- Includes an integrated timer
- Safer (uses convection heat, not steam)
- Proven NOT to degrade the nutrients in breast milk
- Defrost setting for frozen milk
- Feels surprisingly lightweight/fragile
- One of the slower warmers on the market
Munchkin High-Speed Bottle Warmer
The Munchkin High-Speed Bottle Warmer offers good value for money and some helpful features without being overly fussy or complicated. It also comes with a handy adaptor ring to make warming small bottles and jars of food much easier.
- Great value for money
- Quick and efficient (warms milk fast)
- Easy-lift tray for removing slippery bottles
- Can be used with different sized bottles
- Uses steam (can burn fingers if not careful)
- No defrost setting for frozen breast milk
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle Warmer
Tommee Tippee’s Closer to Nature Bottle Warmer is probably the most user-friendly bottle warmer on our list. It couldn’t be any easier to operate which is sure to come in handy for parents trying to juggle baby’s feeds with a wealth of other tasks.
- Simple, straightforward to use
- Compatible with different sized bottles
- Great value for money (very affordable)
- Compact design (ideal for travel)
- No light to show when a bottle is warmed
- Temperature dial can be a bit confusing
First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer is certainly one of the most efficient baby bottle warmers on our review list. It gently warms containers of milk in around three minutes and defrosts frozen liquids as well.
- Quick & efficient (gets to temp. fast)
- Sterilizer function for bottle teats & soothers
- Compact size (great for traveling)
- Compartment for heating pureed food
- Short power cable
- Food compartment is on the small side
- Runs very hot (prepped milk needs to rest for longer)
Born Free Tru Temp Bottle Warmer
It’s hard not to get excited about Born Free’s Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer if you’re a new parent with a demanding baby. This device sets the gold standard for Comotomo-compatible bottle warmers because it’s stylish, wonderfully intuitive, and very efficient.
- Light indicators and a countdown feature
- Intuitive warming that’s always precise
- Detachable cooler compartment
- Warms consistently and reliably (always hits the right temp)
- Water spills out if the warmer is jostled/moved
- The cooler compartment is a bit loose (rattles sometimes)
- One of the pricier bottle warmers
Cuisinart BW-10 Bottle Warmer
Cuisinart’s BW-10 Bottle Warmer is simple but effective. This device comes with an integrated light for nighttime feedings and has a compact, slimline design for maximum portability.
- Simple and unfussy (no pointless features)
- Slimline shape for max portability
- One of the most consistent warmers (always an even temp)
- Auto shut-off activates when the water runs out
- No indicator light to say the bottle is ready
- On the pricier side compared with others
- Tricky to fill the right amount of water
Boon Orb Bottle Warmer
The Boon Orb Bottle Warmer makes an impact right away due to its bright, contemporary design. It looks great, sits securely on a countertop, and fits a huge variety of baby bottles and food jars. The clever basket design means you don’t need to put your fingers into the hot compartment to remove bottles.
- Stylish design with a bold, bright color
- Compatible with a wide range of bottles
- Warming compartment for baby food
- Super stable non-skid base
- Slow Heating (heats 2oz in 3 mins)
- No indicator to say when milk is ready
- Outside of the bottle gets really hot (take care)
FAQs about Comotomo Baby Bottle Warmers
Q – Why do Comotomo baby bottles need a Comotomo-compatible warmer?
A – It’s important – no matter what bottle you use – to make sure all of your baby’s feeding accessories are compatible. Otherwise, you risk damaging the products or warming bottles incorrectly and putting an already fussy baby off hand-feeding. The good news is Comotomo baby bottles can be used with a wide variety of warmers from brands such as Cuisinart, Tommee Tippee, Born Free, Avent, Kiinde, and more.
Q – Do all babies need a Comotomo-compatible bottle warmer for feeds?
A – Bottle warmers aren’t essential for all infants but they’re a really helpful tool for most new parents. While there’s nothing inherently dangerous about feeding a baby unheated milk, newborns can be extremely fussy. Some will refuse to drink if the liquid is cold because it doesn’t resemble the experience of breastfeeding.
Expressed breast milk can be safely stored in the fridge for up to five days at 4°C or lower. It is safe to use room temp or just out of the refrigerator. It’s just not very pleasant for a baby when it’s fresh out of the chiller. Bottle warmers are a quick, safe way to raise the temperature of expressed milk and make it easier for a newborn baby to drink. It’s possible to heat bottles in a jug of hot water but it’s harder to monitor the temperature with this method.
Q – Is a Comotomo bottle warmer really better than just using the microwave?
A – Using a microwave to heat any brand of baby bottle is generally not recommended. There are some claims microwaves compromise the nutritional value of breast milk and powder formulas. More importantly, microwaves do not heat evenly and there’s a risk of hot spots developing that could burn a baby while they’re feeding.
Even if you don’t use Comotomo-compatible warmers and baby bottles, avoid relying on the microwave to heat your child’s milk. There are many brands of baby bottle warmer on the market so find one that works for you.
Q – How do I know which Comotomo-compatible bottle warmer to buy?
A – There are many options available to you as a bottle warmer comotomo, so there are a variety of products to choose from. When shopping for a new Comotomo bottle warmer, keep some key considerations in mind. The first consideration is the ease of use and cleaning. Your Comotomo baby bottle warmer should be easy to operate and have no redundant features. You’re warming breast milk, not managing a shuttle launch. It needs a power switch, a temperature dial, and possibly a timer (some basic models do not have this).
Consider overall size as well. If you’re pushed for space, a big and bulky bottle warmer is just going to get in the way. Some Comotomo-compatible warmers are larger and boxier than others. Look for compact, slimline devices that aren’t much wider than your child’s bottle if space is a priority.
Finally, consider the fact that Comotomo bottles are made from silicone and, therefore, take slightly longer to warm up than non-silicone alternatives. If your baby is impatient, look for a bottle warmer that heats up fast or to a higher temperature than other similar products. Remember, silicone warms slower so you can set the temperature dial a little higher and the milk still won’t be scalding.
No matter what type of bottle warmer and baby bottles you’re using, always perform a temperature check before you start feeding.
The Winner Is! (Our Pick)
All the Comotomo-compatible bottle warmers on our list are worth your money and time. However, it’s important to consider your needs specifically, and the types of designs and features that will make your baby mealtimes easier and more satisfying. Our favorite Comotomo-compatible device is the Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer but it may not be the perfect choice for you. Let’s recap some of its key features to find out if it’s a good fit.
The Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer is one of the most reliable bottle warmers on the market. While it’s a bit pricier than some similar bottle warmers, it’s very durable with a long shelf life. Some users say they even passed their Tru-Temp on to a friend or relative after weaning their baby. So it does offer great value for money in the long-term.
It’s also got a visual indicator and an audible countdown function to let parents know when to remove bottles. Finally, the Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer is fully compatible with Comotomo’s range of super-soft silicone bottles so it’s easy to guarantee your newborn a satisfying feed every time, all the time.
Tell us what worked for you in the comments!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2022-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API