If you are thinking about getting your baby a stuffed animal to sleep with, then please keep in mind that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you wait until the baby is at least 12 months old before doing so.
It is dangerous for younger babies and those who cannot move about on their own to have stuffed animals, toys, toddler pillows, and others.
So, until your little one reaches the 1-year milestone, make sure that you use only a fitted sheet in their crib for safety reasons and prevent the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
Once your baby is old enough, you can proceed to buy him or her one of these superb comforting and safe best stuffed animals for baby cribs.
With a toy like one of our top picks, your little one can overcome the separation anxiety and stay calm when left alone to sleep, thanks to the cuddly and soft toy companions.
So, if your child is old enough, here are some of the best animals for babies to sleep with for 2021.
The best stuffed animals for a baby to sleep with in the crib
This super soft and huggable Flappy the Elephant stuffed toy by GUND is among the best options for babies aged 12 months or more.
Not only is Flappy soft and cuddly, but the toy also has some interactive features, including playing a song and flapping its ears with a press of the left foot, and playing cute peekaboo when the right foot is pressed.
Your baby will be delighted with the cute song and the movements of this safe, interactive stuffed toy.
The Flappy Elephant toy will help keep the baby comforted and safe while sleeping and become its first best friend thanks to the interactive functions.
You can switch off the interactive song and play features via a hidden switch when you don’t want your baby disturbed or accidentally pushing them.
It is made of completely safe 1 GUND plush and has embroidered eyes rather than sewn-in plastic eyes or other potentially dangerous small parts.
Although it is not machine washable due to the included batteries, you can easily keep Flappy the Elephant clean and sanitary with the help of a damp cloth.
Not only will this soft and huggable toy help your baby sleep better, but it will also promote its early learning and interactions, including cute playing, singing, and ear flapping.
- It is a stuffed and interactive toy, perfect for the first years of your child
- It can play peekaboo, sing and flap its ears
- There are three AA batteries included with the toy
- It is made of safe soft plush fabric without any dangerous small elements and details
- The toy is a bestseller and is suitable for children aged one and above and for adults as well
- You can switch off the interactive features if you want
- The playing volume cannot be adjusted
- It cannot be washed in a washing machine
This is another bestselling stuffed animal for babies by GUND, which is among the best options for your infant.
It is made of premium quality, durable, and safe soft fabric, in compliance with GUND’s highest standards.
The Slumbers Teddy Bear is 17 inches in height, so your little one will have a large-sized huggable friend to share the crib with and play with. Still, it weighs less than 1 pound, so it will not put pressure on the baby and is easy to carry and move around.
The toy bear has a cute face and paw prints, and lighter accents on the chest, making it adorable.
As with all stuffed toys for babies, it is recommended for infants aged 1 year or more for safety reasons.
It is also an excellent gift idea for an older child or an adult and can be a sweet Valentine’s Day present for a loved one.
- Large-sized but lightweight (17 inches, less than 1 lb.)
- Made of durable, safe, and premium quality soft material
- It is soft and huggable
- It is easy to clean with a moist cloth
- No batteries are required
- Great gift idea for a person of any age
- Not machine washable and needs to be air-dried
- No added interactive features such as songs, sounds, or movements
This adorable Happy Hues Butterscotch Bunny is possibly the softest stuffed toy you can find on the market. It is perfect for a cuddly companion for your baby and will likely become its first and most beloved toy.
The cute stuffed animal for babies has a soft, peach-colored coat, a sweet face, and colorful floppy ears.
It is genuinely squishy and soft, so your little one will feel instantly comforted with the Butterscotch Bunny in its crib or anywhere else.
The bunny is 12 inches in height, making it huggable even by young babies aged 12 months.
It is made of safe, non-toxic, non-flame retardant materials, so you don’t have to worry about your baby’s health.
The sweet soft toy is a perfect gift for a new baby or a child or adult of any age and has an adorable face and super soft body that will fill anyone with love and comfort.
- Very soft and squishy
- A sweet face and cute floppy ears
- Made of completely safe and durable fabric
- It can be washed with a damp cloth easily
- No batteries are required
- A convenient size of 12 inches and a weight of 8-oz.
- Suitable for children and adults of all ages
- It is inexpensive
- It is not machine washable or safe to be tumble dried
This sweet little plush giraffe is another best stuffed animal for a baby to sleep with once it reaches 12 months of age.
The stuffed toy is made of super soft and safe plush fabric, which makes it snuggly, squishy and comforting.
It has a built-in rattle, which makes it suitable even for entertaining younger babies.
Thanks to its safe design with embroidered features and no small parts, you don’t need to worry about your little one choking on an eye or other element.
- Soft plush fabric with all-embroidered parts and elements
- A built-in rattle
- Offered in pink or blue colors
- Small and snuggly
- Some parents find the color of the pink version hot pink rather than baby pink
See also: Top 4 Sheets for Graco Pack ‘n Play
The best stuffed toys for babies can help the little ones feel comforted and safe when learning how to sleep alone in their cribs.
With a suitable toy, your baby can cope with the separation anxiety of being away from its parents. Also, some of these toys are interactive and can help the baby learn some basic motor skills.
The stuffed animals we have picked will surely become your baby’s first best friend and hopefully, allow you to get some well-deserved sleep and rest at night or during nap time.